I was nominated by my dear and lovely friend DJ of skintvegan for an honest scrap award. I “heart” DJ. She is the best. I have known her since I was pregnant with my little bear Adam. She rocks. Now about honesty. My honesty has gotten me in trouble before, with friends, family, even strangers. I have seen Josh staring at me dumbfounded by some of the things I say. He literally has to pick his mouth up off the floor from his jaw dropping. But hey, would you rather me lie? Probably not. Sometimes the truth hurts, but I prefer someone be honest with me any day than candy coat it. So here goes. The rules of the award are simple:
1) Thank the lovely person who has nominated you and link back to them. Thank you DJ!
2) Tell your readers 10 honest things about yourself. (Hide the childrens eyes.)
3) Link to 10 other blogs you feel embody the spirit of Honest Scrap and whose blog you find brilliant in design and/or concept.
So, here’s my honest scrap. This should be interesting.
1. I have been told before that I have an “I don’t care attitude” by certain people. I don’t think it is my attitude. I just don’t care what people think. I actually don’t give a rat’s arse what people think. I am going to be who I am, wear what I want and speak my mind. Either you like me or you don’t. I will always start out being kind to a person until they do me wrong.
2. I love being a mum. I never thought I wanted kids or considered motherhood until I met my sweet Joshua. Then that all changed. I love it. With motherhood, there is something new everyday. I love my boys more than life itself and would walk through fire for them without hesitation.
3. I have a dilemma as to what to do with my life once Adam starts Kindergarten. I plan to go back to work, but don’t know what I want to do. I think I would make a great teacher, but would rather not go to college for another 4 years. Oy. I could always go back to healthcare, but feel I am a bit tired of it. I am a great cook and wonderful with the little ones, but I don’t want to run a daycare and chefs sometimes are not paid very well. I also write, but freelance work is hard to come by. So, for now, I stand in the middle of nowhere career wise. I have several years before he starts school, but it is frustrating.
4. We were married in Scotland. We actually spent 3 weeks driving the lower eastern coast of Scotland. The reason I mention this is because I fell in love with the country. So much that I would move there in a New York minute if Josh gave the go ahead. Seriously. There was not one thing I disliked about it. I loved the land, the people, the animals, you name it. When I was there, I didn’t want to leave.
5. I am neurotic about housekeeping. I think that is why I was blessed with two very messy little boys. I sweep 2-3 times a day and mop at least twice a week. I straighten my house up every evening once the boys have gone to bed. So as to wake up to a nice clean home. If someone comes over, the house is most likely tidy with the exception of the boys making a mess in their room. And my bathrooms are spotless. I cannot stand dirty bathrooms. It is a pet peeve. If someone’s bathroom is dirty, it really bugs me. I am not a picky mum, telling the boys not to make a mess. I expect them to, they are boys after all. And I have no problem picking up after them.
6. I love the American Pitbull Terrier breed of dog. I can hear the gasps of horror. They are a great dog, listed in the top 10 for intelligence. They were actually known as “nanny dogs’ in England due to their kind nature and how well they were with children. It is people like Michael Dick, I mean Vick who give this breed of dog a bad name by abusing them.
7. Sometimes when I hang out with other mums in various group settings, I feel totally out of the loop. They are all very kind to me, but I don’t feel like I am part of the group. More like maybe they are just being nice because I am there. It is a weird feeling.
8. I had a lousy childhood to say the least. Some of the events still haunt me to this day. I will say that it has made me the strong woman I am today and that I love my two little guys so much. Something I never had. Everyday my two little men wake up, I want them to know that they are loved more today than the day before.
9. I love reptiles. The creepy crawly kind. Josh does too. I love snakes, lizards, tortoises, you name it. I think they are awesome.
10. I hate the taste of raw tomatoes and raw onions. Cooked is fine, but not raw. I don’t even like a tomato seed touching my food.
Well, that’s enough honesty for now. I am now going to nominate some people who I think have pretty cool blogs. These are a few blogs I like to read and have come to greatly appreciate. And the Honest Scrap award goes to:
3. Haymarket 8
4. Lazy Smurf
5. City Vegan
10. Kirk Kitsch